In my last post, I likened fats in your food to logs which burn slow & steady, for a long period of time. I also told you I would share some simple, super effective ways to get the fat-burning party started in my next post, so let’s dive in!
Here are 3 simple, super effective ways to jump start fat burning:
1. Change up your breakfast routine (this includes you too, my habitual breakfast skippers) by first adding in a healthy fat source and protein.
- If you find that you typically eat one of those aforementioned “breakfast foods” try adding a couple of eggs to your repertoire.
- Or enjoy a turkey or chicken sausage or two
- Forget the notion of breakfast food (which is a marketing ploy) and consider just healthy food for breakfast. Last night’s steak and veggie leftovers are perfect to jump start the day.
2. Change up your snack choices.
- If you typically reach for pastries mid-mornings, or go for an afternoon candy bar fix, try a delicious protein shake with unsweetened almond milk instead – – egg white or whey versions in chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. You can add in ice and a few frozen organic berries. Delicious. I’ve included a recipe at the end for y’all to try.
- Eat a hard-boiled egg or 2 (Remember, they’re not just for breakfast anymore)…and on a side note, a quality organic, egg from a happy, pastured chicken is just about damn-near perfect, possessing a rich source of fat, protein, and amazing nutrients needed by all us humans. After all, it is known as “the incredible, edible egg.” And with so many different ways to fix’em just right, the varieties are endless.
- Enjoy a lettuce wrap with a couple of slices of turkey and avocado.
3. Add in quality anti-inflammatory omega 3’s
- Use a quality organic and unrefined coconut oil to cook your foods with or even just enjoy a spoonful on its own.
- Add a spoonful of coconut oil to your protein shake to sneak in an extra dose of fat-burning fats.
- Invest in a quality fish oil supplement, offering both EPA and DHA versions of essential fatty acids. Check the label.
There you have it, 3 easy ways you can immediately upgrade your food choices and initiate the fat burning process that already exists in your body.
- Nuts & nut butters – almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, Brazil, pistachios
- Coconut – the meat, flakes, shredded, oil
- Olive oil – great to use at lower heats when cooking, use as a dressing or dipping sauce
- Avocado – sliced, diced, grilled, or guacamole
If you would like to know more about how to upgrade your foods, initiate the fat burning process or create whole body health for you reach out, give us a call today to explore options we have for you. Food can support your life of thrive, fully Amplified! 619-501-3752.
Here’s to you & your health,
Coconut Macaroon Smoothie – Serves 1
- I Scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Egg White Protein
- 1 tsp. organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. dried unsweetened organic coconut, shredded
- 1 c. filtered or spring water
- 1/2 packet SweetLeaf Sweetener
- Add all ingredients to a blender, Vitamix or Magic Bullet.
- Add 2 ice cubes, or more as desired.
- Blend until smooth, adding more water to reach desired consistency.