Spinal Cord Injured Warriors – Conquering Health & Life for Personal Freedom
This free private Facebook community is a place to come together to ask questions, share answers, tips, and insights from your post SCI journey and most importantly support one another to uncover and ignite the inner warrior necessary to conquer and break free of the health and life challenges you may face. Your MISSION should you choose to accept it is DESIGN and CREATE your life!
We are passionate about maintaining a supportive environment and for that reason it is important to have group guidelines. By being a part of this community you are agreeing to these guidelines as listed below.
This is a private community where you should feel comfortable sharing the struggles and challenges you face, as there are likely others who have already experienced the same thing in the past, who are currently experiencing it, or who will at some point experience it. Likewise, you should feel comfortable sharing your wins so that others in the community can learn more about what’s working for you and cheer you on!
Key People Supporting This Group –
- Kay Lathrop who posts as [Your Community Nurse & NeuroCoach] in the community is the Program Director at Amplified Agility, LLC and Producer/Host of Defy Injury Podcast and creator of this group and
- Doc Angela Smith (SCI Gut Health & Nutrition Expert; Ambassador of Nutrition at Amplified Agility, LLC)
- Peter Lathrop, Ph.D (Resident Expert in Neuroscience, Injury Repair and Regeneration and Psychology; Co-Founder Amplified Agility, LLC)
- Andrew Braga and Zach Houston (Neuro-recovery Exercise Specialists)
We are excited to be here with you and for you!
FREE GIFTS FOR GROUP MEMBERS
We suggest you take advantage of these early on in the group in order to accelerate any process you wish to make in “igniting your inner warrior.”
- Free webinar/master class online – “6 Keys to Conquering Health & Life After Spinal Cord Injury” which is co-taught by Doc Angela Smith and Kay Lathrop.
- Free PDF download: The 6 Keys to Conquering Health & Life After Spinal Cord Injury. 3 pages with the 6 Keys AND the powerful affirmations to hardwire within to live into them.
Primary Community Members
- People with spinal cord injuries
- People supporting a loved one with a spinal cord injury in day to day activities of daily living. We call them the “warrior circle!”
Over time there may be a small number of health care professionals with SCI/Rehab experience that are welcomed as well. This membership area will be the minority.
Our Spinal Cord Injured Warriors Private Facebook group is a place for you to show up:
- with the intention to be in inquiry about your health and life and what’s possible,
- asking questions
- listening, reading, watching and learning
- sharing your thoughts, insights and aha’s, and experiences so others may learn
- connecting with others – mind to mind, heart to heart and serving others with genuine and helpful feedback and suggestions
- respecting others and their privacy
This community is all about sharing valuable information in a way that can help others in the community. In that spirit before taking the approach of telling people what you think they should do ask questions, find out what they have already done; make sure they are open to advice. Be the kind of supportive friend that you want and need on your recovery journey.
Remember: We are all here to help each other…so give more than you take, please.
Examples of things to post in the Facebook group:
- Questions you have related to spinal cord injury and its affect on your health, quality of life, independence, relationships, career/work, travel, etc. Every question is a great question! Don’t hold back.
- Requests for feedback on approaches you are taking to improve your health, vitality and overall quality of life
- Information-sharing related to spinal cord injury recovery and thriving in life
- Recommendations for products, supplies, equipment that help you thrive day to day
Examples of things not to post in the Facebook group*:
- Non-constructive or critical feedback in response to someone else’s post; Rants – If you start your post with the words, ‘this is a rant’, don’t post it.
- Promotion: links to personal blogs, sales pages, opt ins, offers, products or services offers (or that are affiliate links)
- Posts or comments asking people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help or to work with you.
- Promotion of other FB groups
- Fundraising pages
- Posts or comments that are un-related to spinal cord injury or becoming a true warrior
- *We have the right to delete any content we feel does not follow these guidelines
If you have any questions whatsoever, whether it’s about:
- The guidelines or logistics of participating in this group
- Inquiring about or purchasing one of our programs
- Being a guest on Defy Injury
Please email us at email@example.com. We will reply to your email in a timely manner during business hours of Monday – Friday, 9-6 PT.
NOTE: This will be a Private “closed” Facebook Group. Content posted in the group should remain within the group and should not be shared outside of the group.
Please know that due to Facebook settings, the group will be searchable on Facebook, meaning people can see the group and the members within if they choose to find it. However, the content within the group remains private and posts cannot be accessed by anyone who is not a member of the group. Each member must request access and be approved by an admin in order to join the group.
By clicking the link below and requesting access to the Spinal Cord Injured Warrior you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the guidelines listed above and that you will be respective and supportive of your community members at all times.
**PLEASE NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for your Facebook request to be approved.